Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Favorites from today


*Dave and I were both just laying on our bed after getting the kids tucked in. I turn and see that he is just laying there staring up. I did the typical woman question. What are you thinking about? Dave's answer...."Labeling Lidocaine syringes." That is oh so typical of him, but still makes me laugh. That's my emotional radiologist husband.

*I always love to grab my kids, nuzzle in their neck and just drink in all their yumminess. Especially right after they take a bath. They know to come down and let me eat them up. So it was so cute that Lizzie came up to me today while I am sitting on the computer editing pictures, gives me a hug, and says...."You smell delightful." Yep, she's mine. P.S. the picture above is of the family shoot I am working on right now. Such a cute family. Can't wait to share more when I am done.

*Rebecca taking care of me all day. She made me breakfast, and gave me multiple foot, hand, and head massages all day. I train my kids well.

*taking a walk with Jacob. Did you see me speed walk by your house in my pajamas?

*made the kids favorite dinner tonight and it turned out so good. I pressure cooked brown basmati rice, and poured over top chicken that has been cooked in the crock pot all day with the yummiest sauce. Heather Swainston was over for dinner and wanted the recipe. What 12 year old asks for a recipe? So cute. I also loved that Heather said, "I love being at your house, I feel so loved." She is mauled actually, by all the girls. They can't stop talking to her or giving her hugs. But anyway, she couldn't have given a better compliment! WE do LOve you Heather!!! and here is the recipe. Or how I cooked it today, it does vary.


4 chicken breasts with a 1/2 cup butter and a zesty italian seasoning pkg. cooked on high in the crockpot for four hours. A half hour before serving heat together on the stove 1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese (I use the light kind) and 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (You can use cream of chicken too) . Tonight I added some milk to thin it a bit. Pour into crockpot with chicken and let it mix together awhile. Serve over rice. Brown rice of course is so much better for you, and you know I am into the grains thing right now. It was fabulous! Oh yah, and I made white wheat mixed with buckwheat pancakes and I have eaten them almost for every meal since. They turned out so good. Will share that recipe next time.
Back to editing.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Gotta love those happy days just filled with the little joys :-)

Jaime said...

I make that too, except I put it all in the crock and let it do it's thang all day and then serve over rice...Yummy!! We call it Cheesy Chicken, one of my fams favs!

Anonymous said...

Hey I have a recipe almost like that too. I let the chicken cook in Italian dressing all day then about an hour before serving I dump that off and add the cream cheese and some chicken stock and basil and thyme. It is one of my famiy's favorites also. Amy R.

Anonymous said...

Thanks sooo much for the recipe!!! I will "copy and paste" AnD print! I really do love going to your house!(it always smells soo good)Thanks soo much for having me over and thanks for the ride home!