Sunday, December 09, 2007

Christmas came early this year.




JACOB JUST MENTIONED IN PASSING IN THE KITCHEN THAT HE WANTED TO START TAKING PIANO LESSONS AGAIN. WHHHAAAAATTTTTTT? WHERE DID THAT COME FROM? I HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN PRAYING FOR THAT. IS IT A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE? i JUST REALIZED NOW AT 11:53 PM THAT HE SAID THAT AND i GOT DISTRACTED (AS i SO OFTEN DO) AND DIDN'T GET DETAILS. SO MORE ON THAT LATER. OTHER COOL THINGS ABOUT TODAY INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO.)


1) I just decided to play the violin with the choir in church today. No time to stress about it. Ran through the song a couple of times. Wrote an obligato for the second verse real quick (and I was only 5 minutes late to church. now you know why. ha ha) I decided to just think I am playing in front of family relaxed at home. Not a performance. And you know it worked. THe coolest part being that I knew every single person in that whole chapel and alot about them and loved them all like family. How cool is that!!! I really felt that I was with my family. A very large one. and I loved it. The down side was I hadn't practiced with the choir, so it didn't go smooth that way. I asked Tasha (the great) to play an intro for me but than she stopped and I was all by my lonesome. Threw me off a bit, but what the heck. I was with family. It wasn't perfect, but I did it, and it was fun actually. Next week is more serious. I am playing just with a piano accompianment, "What child is this." It is so beautiful. I hope I can do it justice. I will need to practice this one. Prayers please. At the stake music christmas program I got so nervous that I just sat down and didn't even play after the intro. I had even invited my neighbor. I totally blanked. So crazy!!!


2) I snuggled with dave on the couch by the christmas tree and we both fell asleep while watching a christmas special from "Little House on the Prairie." You know the one when Laura gives up her beloved pony "bunny" to the evil Nellie Olsen to buy a stove for her mama. So cozy. I slobbered on Dave's shirt. ha ha


3)Got a late night call from my dear friend and former mission companion Nancy. We hadn't talked in so long!! Nancy we are so living by each other in Heaven. That way I will be sure to laugh every day!


4) Joanna was beaming at choir practice today because so many people were there. It sounded so beautiful. I was so happy for her!!! I got to hold her sweet baby. That makes me so happy.


4) Jamie Varley's talk today made me cry and love her all the more. The spirit was so strong as she told her conversion story that started as a 16 year old in Huntington beach. Her excitement to find the gospel was contagious. Plus, I just love southern californians!!! So there all you Arizonians that don't. So there. I said it! ha ha.


5) I played three games of backgammon with Jacob and won all three. He has much to learn my young padawon. My getting constant doubles helped though. ha




Hope your sunday was just as happy and restful!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Your solo was beautiful. I really enjoyed the beautiful music. I'm bummed I'm going to miss your duet next week, and DJ is so upset he won't be able to sign in the Christmas program. I feel the same way about the ward. I look back to last year when we had just moved in and I knew no one and now I love seeing all those wonderful faces and feeling the love!

Amie said...

So awesome about Jacob--Sean just started all on his own this past week too. Makes me so happy! Your solo was awesome...I can't believe you just started practicing that morning! It was great! I'm so nervous for Sunday already. We can do it, girl! And OH MY GOSH Jamie's talk was fantastic. I was bawling too. Such a good one, the spirit was so strong!