Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas joys


bizy bizy bizy. I don't even know where to begin. Every second of every day is filled with wonderful things. My life is full of so much goodness. I couldn't be more blessed. Starting with my family. Look at them. 6 people that love me unconditionally. That make me laugh so hard, and are what fill so much of my life with joy (and pain, ha). I am so thankful for the family I grew up in too. My siblings are my best friends. In fact my sister Kelly took this picture in Utah over Thanksgiving weekend. I am surrounded by people who love and support me. Yes, there are negative things in life. There are negative, difficult and even evil people who bring alot of pain. But the good is still there to be had. It makes me realize that as the famous Christmas song goes, "the wrong shall fail, and the right will prevail, with peace on earth good will toward men." I just think of my friends here and all that they do that is uplifting and good, and it fills my heart with joy. It takes work you know to be a good person. It doesn't just happen naturally. In fact as the scripture says...
"the natural man is an enemy to God, and will be forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all the things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."
you know our society sadly doesn't really teach this. I have yet to see a TV show that describes a lifestyle like this. In fact Jacob just told me today that at school the teacher had them all write down what they thought was success. He said that everyone but him pretty much said making alot of money. Because his answer was so different from everyone else's, his teacher had him read it to the class. His said that success was happiness in your family. THat's my boy!!!!! I know why all the teachers are drawn to my kids. Because they are trying to keep God's commandments. Are they perfect? uh, that would be a big no! and neither is their mama. My go "all natural" side comes out way to often. But I am trying, and I am so much happier when I am trying to overcome my natural tendencies towards selfishness, laziness etc. etc. Why is it so easy to be those things? ha ha. Anyway I have learned for myself that happiness in life is most likely achieved when you are living the gospel of Jesus Christ. That is the truth, plain and simple.
Tonight was so wonderful. A daughter of a woman in my ward is getting married this wed. night. at the church. Her fiance is taking the missionary lessons, and was told that he needs to be married to live with someone in order to be baptized. Hence, we have 3 days to plan a wedding. So I have a wedding dress in the back of my car (that another sister in the ward is loaning her that got married last January) to take to get steamed tomorrow at the dry cleaner. I get to go shopping and pick up the needed items for the reception etc. A sister in our ward offered her beautiful home for the reception, another catering items, another decorations and the list goes on. To say the least her mother was so overwhelmed with joy, and she kept saying over and over as she looked at her daughter trying on this incredibly beautiful dress tonight, "There is a fairy godmother, it is called the Relief Society." I am so thankful to be associated with an organization that are filled with women who on a moments notice are there for you to willingly help with a smile on their face. Jacob also said today that his teacher was reading to them out of the newspaper an article that named (when speaking of disaster relief) The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and the "Mormon church" as two of the most selfless organizations and people. Jacob raised his hand and let him know that they are one and the same. Isn't that funny, but so awesome. Anyway, all this to just say that I am happy and this is why.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love ya heather.

Anonymous said...

i know i can always count on you to start my day off on the right foot!!! grazie.

Sara*P said...

I love, love, love reading your blog. Thank you!

Amie said...

Fairy Godmother=Relief Society...love it!

Ashley said...

Usually I just lurk about your blog, but just wanted to write and say it's always uplifting. I love reading your posts.

Kendra said...

Your family is so beautiful. I just want to wrap your Jacob up and put him in my pocket! I love you Heather!

Casey Lu said...

Heather, this is such a wonderful post, brought tears to my eyes! You surely have raised a righteous and smart young man and I must compliment you on that and your beautiful family! That is also so very wonderful of you to help a young couple prepare and wedding! That is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

ggod job on the pic kell...i love the muted colors.

LenKnee said...

Hey... beautiful PICTURE'S , I just like to say that believe it or not... I did it , I GOOGLED my name and came across your site of wonderful photo's .
My mother also is a mom of 5... and I love taking Picture's , been doing it since I was about 10 . Keep up the super work , you have plenty of subjects I see... I wish you all a Merry Christmas and the best in the new year... Len

www.lenknee.myphotoalbum.com