Monday, November 05, 2007

Ramblings


Here is me first teaching Kelly yoga. ha. Kelly, I want you to notice how skinny my wrists and ankles are. ha ha. I was thinking today how strange to be the mom now, and not the kid. That our daily routine is what will be my children's memories. It was so nice to just be with my family tonight. To have dinner, talk, laugh, hang out. The kids are always so happy to be with Dave and I and say I love you every five seconds. What a good feeling. How wonderful to be loved, and needed. To be the definition of comfort and security to five wonderful little persons. The every day little things are really what I love the most about life. I love the conversations that I have with my kids. I love to listen to them talk about life and all their experiences. It puts such a big smile on my face. I wish I could record every one, so when I am old I can listen to them and feel the joy all over again. But I hope to be too busy anyway listening to my adult kids, my grand kids, and great grand kids and loving every moment. That is the beauty of family. It keeps growing. Jacob said to me, (as we were cozied up on the couch watching man from snowy river -oooohh what a cozy movie) "I think we are the coziest family." I would have to agree. smile.
ps. Glor your pictures will go in the mail tomorrow, and I will post some too. They are very good!!

5 comments:

Amie said...

how cute is that?!

G-rant said...

Yes, the Ives are a cozy family. However, The Man from Snowy river is not a cozy movie. Goonies is a cozy movie, Family Man, Christmas Vacation, Elf, Star Wars I, II, III, IV, V, VI, RoboCop, all very cozy.

heather said...

Robocop- cozy? are you for real? I will give you Elf and star wars, but robocop?

Anonymous said...

your wrists are tiny! ha. i love that pic. and we are cozier than you guys.

Sher said...

i joined the blog squad. i love all the entries you wrote. you make life sound delicious! you really do have a lovely family!