Monday, January 15, 2007

Being a mom has some benefits

Jacob was just stressing about his project that he has to do tomorrow. Pacing and saying how he could have planned his time out better etc. etc. instead of just finishing it up and going to bed. Anyway, Dave was out getting a poster at the store and he was just waiting for him to get back. I said, "Jacob, just go and read your scriptures while he is gone and pray if there is nothing else you need to do until he gets back." So he leaves the room and I continue on the computer. He just came in and gave me a big hug and says thank you. I look at him quizically. He says as he walks out of the room, "scriptures worked, I had some repenting to do." This kid. I think I need to go and read and pray too. I surely have more repenting than him to do. I wish that I followed my own advice more. We just got back from sledding in Flagstaff. More on that tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's where you were! call mikes cell- he's trying to get some definites on a trip-jacob is the best! 5 weeks!

kellymccaleb said...

:)