Thursday, February 08, 2007

A YEAR TO REMEMBER


I signed up to take a year long online class with Heidi Swapp entitled "A Year to Remember." I have been really surprised at how meaningful it really has become. There are weekly assignments and challenges to do concerning LIFE. Making it what you want it to be, going for those dreams we put off. The first challenge was to pick a goal with a date, have five reasons why you chose it and what you will tell yourself to motivate yourself every day. I really spent alot of time thinking about what I really wanted to accomplish. It took me a few weeks, and lots of discussion with Dave. Here is my scrapbook page telling my goal and why. This is something that scares me to death, yet something I want more than anything. I always knew I needed a marketable skill in case I ever needed to provide for my family, but I didn't know what. So I had to come up with that too. I decided that like my mother before me I couldn't do just one thing (so boring). I decided I could incorporate the three things I love. This made me really excited. I cannot believe how much I have been able to do in just one month to realize this goal. Also, how motivated I have been! I actually have been doing family photo shoots, loving yoga again, and have my first violin student lined up. My goal is to just be prepared. I want to just continually keep up my skills. So I came up with the goal one photo shoot a month, always have one student, and teaching yoga just as a sub or at the most one morning a week. Although really I just always want to be in shape to be able to get a job. Thats another whole goal that I accomplish by being ready to teach yoga. Lose the love handles (even though my kids do think they are cozy. ha ha). So here I have set this goal finally be prepared and after 3 weeks of working on it, Dave has a heart attack. I told him, "DAVE I DON'T EVEN HAVE MY PHOTOGRAPHY WEBSITE READY YET!" We got a good laugh out of that. Only funny because he is ok. I hope I am not getting the help that I need from above because he really is going to leave me. I don't think so, but I definitely will have more peace knowing I am prepared for whatever the Lord has in store for us.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

finalmente!!!! i have been checking your blogspot because i just KNEW that you would have pictures from the hospital! how did i also know that there would be a picture of you in the hospital bed with dave??? i think i know you quite well! it used to be you and i snuggling in bed (nel' italia) until he came along!!! i am so glad to see and know that dave is doing great!! what wonderful news! i loved all the pictures of the kids with dave. i didn't see one of jacob? he must of been flirting with the nurses. i am excited to hear about the progression of your goals. wow!!! doesn't dave have a big life insurance policy? so, if he were to pass away you'd be compensated and wouldn't have to work? i remind barry that he is worth more dead than alive these days! you really do have a great site! i have been nosey (sp) and looking at other people's blogspots and let's just say i think that yours is the best i've seen thus far. however, your sisters' sites are great too!! you are all so talented, funny, pretty, witty, etc... well, it is late. i should try and call you. we've had 2 snowdays and a half day because of frigid weather and snow. i think i will try and call tomorrow am? is dave back to work yet? love, nancy

Amie said...

This is great! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

hi nancy!! i haven't seen you in 4ever! way cute page heath, & i am proud of your goals & motivation. weird timing, huh?

Anonymous said...

that is my FAVORITE page you have ever done. i don't know what it is...i just LOVE it. i love the pictures.
and great post!

Syndi said...

You continually inspire me!! Take care, say hi to Dave. Tell him Bill got his message and hopes he is doing great. He is coming home for a visit this coming weekend and we are all looking forward to that. Love, Syndi

Syndi said...

Hey Heather, I'm keeping the faith and I must say that all of you inspire me each time I read your blogs. I feel a connection to you guys even though I don't know you that well. Like you said, now we can keep intouch through out the year not just on Christmas, LOL. Bill is delayed for another month but lucky for us, he is coming home for a quick visit today. We are excited to have him, just wish it was permanent. Take care, Love Syndi

My name is Lexi said...

I really like this page!!!!!!!!!!

Syndi said...

Hey Heather, if you have the time, David has setup a site for he and Christen's "20" year Wedding Anniversary. They have a guest book to leave a comment. Thought I would just pass that along. Take care, Syndi
http://www.socialnotes.net/anniversaries/DavidWillis/

Mandee said...

I've been feeling really introspective lately- I think mostly because I read all of these blogs about so many creative women who are doing things, making things, and writing things that are so inspiring. Feeling like I need to figure out what it is I am good at, what I am passionate about. Thanks for your inspiration! You are an amazing girl, and such a great example to me!