Thursday, August 24, 2006

Kuaia


the best part of our trip to Kuaia was the helicopter tour we went on. It was so spectacular. I have never experienced anything like it. It was worth getting airsick for. ha.
School has been in two weeks tomorrow. i can't believe it. I haven't even really ventured out of the house. I hate to leave, I am so cozy here. Today I actually got out my violin and practiced. It felt good. I did miss my babies today though. I allllmost left on pbs on tv, but it made me feel sad. Back to violin, I am working on an incredible (if played right) piano and violin arrangement of a poor wayfaring man of grief. It is so beautiful. I am so out of practice I couldn't play long because my fingertips and arm hurt. Pitiful. Jacob had his interview with the Bishop last night to receive the priesthood. He was so cute in his suit, and scared he would flunk. He is so funny. He came out glowing and so excited. He can't wait to pass the sacrament and be a hometeacher with Dave. He said, "Yes, I will have a calling." He was so excited I suggested we go and get a treat together. We went through the drive through at mcdonalds and gots shakes and fries and just sat in the parking lot and talked. How awesome to be a Mom. I love the ages of my kids. Tonight, I hung out one on one with Rebecca. She read scriptures to me and told me all about her day. She is happiest when she gets alone time with mom. She tells me i am her best friend. They are all so happy, which makes me so happy. Dave I think is bummed that he can't be semi-retired like me. ha ha. Hang out and be alone at home. I said don't you get a sense of fulfillment for a job well done etc. etc. He calmly replied, no. He is so funny. So he needs one on one tomorrow night. ha ha. I said I know you like movies and eating, so we are going to go and see invincible, and try somewhere new. All of my kids but Jacob have a party to go to tomorrow night. My one friend is having a CHeetah girls II party and invited all the girls. So cute and fun. Well, off to bed.

No comments: