Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I'M 14 AGAIN!

Ok so my two nieces are staying with us this week. Talk about living the teenage life again. I don't know if Lizzie and I can keep up. ha ha. We do nails, and swim all day. Shop at target for bras, go to barnes and noble for journals, go to outback for cheese fries and thunder down under. Stay up all night watching movies and making chocolate chip cookies. Sleep in until noon. Ok so they get to do that. I am up by at least 10 am. ha. We are having a blast! We are also trying to be really Spiritual. Lets get spiritual, spiritual, I wanna get spiritual (sing to tune of let's get physical by olivia newton john). We have been reading scriptures, and discussing lots. Talking about living to be worthy of temple marriage and how important that is. Praying, giving talks, writing in journals. It's like girls camp over here. Luckily Jacob is at scout camp! This has been so awesome for Kelsie because she is living with my brother now and can go to church, and have the missionary lessons and be baptized! She gets to go to young womens tonight to do humanitarian service. Friday night to a "late over party, saturday to the pioneer picnic, and saturday night to a youth dance. She wants to go to the temple visitors center in mesa, and utah. How exciting to see her so happy and glowing. We love Jesus around here. It's a good thing. And to my three sisters..... I think I am currently winning in the favorite aunt contest. ha ha.

ps. look at the muscle on Kelsie's arm in the first picture! That definitely didn't come from the Reneer gene pool. ha. so no fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

way fun!

hilary said...

Thanks for having us over! It was super fun! :^)

Anonymous said...

can i come over and make some chocolate chip cookies and do some solid "brass" dancing? :) you are such a fun mom and aunt!!!

hilary said...

FYI the late night on Friday was changed from Sis. Leonard's house to Sis. Hallstrom's house. I'm so glad Kelsie is coming! It will be so awesome!

Natalie said...

you are so lucky! my 15 year old niece came to visit me last week and i was so disappointed. she was glued to her cell phone and was texting non stop. i was hoping to have fun with her, but i couldn't get her attention most of the time. :( if i get another chance, i'm taking a page out of your book... and locking up her phone. :)

Leslie said...

i wish i was there partying with you!