Sunday, September 10, 2006

Protecting my babies


I have to write this down before I forget. Here is the scene. sunday night talks on my bed. I spoke one on one with the three little girls again about "the rules" when we are at others houses. Brought on of course by Leah trying to be passionate with me. oh my that girl. I wish I could tape record these conversations. Funny phrases I have to remember. 1. When talking to rebecca about not watching things on tv that are bad or make you feel uncomfortable I asked her what are bad things for instance. She first said killing, then couldn't think of anything else. then like a light bulb went on and she exclaimed, Things on Fox! we laughed and then she said questioningly, "octopus" we were totally laughing. That makes me glad that she doesn't know. We figured out that she was thinking of the new pirates of the carribean that she can't watch. Of course we went over how our body is special etc etc. Lizzie said I'm going to take my special body out of here as she slinks out when she was done. Leah of course takes the cake with (amongst many other comments) when talking about not letting anyone touch our bodies and Dave says oh that will be great when she gets married. So I added when you get married than it is ok. She interrupts and says "wait, you mean when I get married I have to touch my bottom". Sheesh no wonder her underwear looks like it does ha ha. I am just kidding. We got into the whole stranger thing too and doing scenarios and what they should do. Lizzie was getting a little worried and I know she was thinking ok this is getting to be too much for me to take in and remember it all and be able to deal with. when i gave her a scenario and asked what she should do she said, I don't know my brain doesn't work so well. When i am listening to you it turns from the listening to the dreaming. I grabbed her in my lap and said that is why you always just stay with your mom and you will never have to worry. It makes me sick that I do have to scare my girls like this, and that our world is such that I have to, but the best protection is knowledge. Boy will anyone get an earful if that try anything with these ones.

1 comment:

kellymccaleb said...

i like these posts.
i love when you write more.
i love the picture of the girls at school, esp. leah.
i want more babies.
i am starting to get ticked! ha.