Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Kelly aren't you jealous?


I went and worked at Deseret Industries yesterday. I sorted through the bags of clothes and hung them up to be priced and go out on the floor of the store. It was really fun. I told Kelly she needs to go and volunteer, than you get first pick of what comes through. I opened a bag that had really old clothing (none of it we could keep), but there were vintage hankies in there and I fell in love with them. My favorite is the heart one below. I love the scalloped edges. I think I will start carrying hankies in my purse. Although, I think the heart one would be really cute framed. I also found this old chair out back that they couldn't sell. I am so excited to take a picture of a little girl on it (that's why I got it). Guess how much? Only 3 dollars! woo-hoo. More than just finding great deals, was the wonderful feeling that I had while I was there. Alot of the workers are handicapped or there to develope skills to enter the work force. It is a positive hands on school. We had a devotional before the store was opened and to see the love and comraderie amongst the employees was so incredible. Anywhere else they would be a group of misfits, not thought much of. Here they were praised cherished for the wonderful children of God that they are. They were all so loving and kind with each other. It made my heart glad. So go and volunteer at your local D.I. today. You will love it. (although dave worked the afternoon shift and polished shoes for four hours. I liked my job better. ha ha).




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want that chair real bad

Anonymous said...

i want it more. and the hankies